Businesses do achieve success whenever they provide a high standard of customer service, this will then eventually lead to high customer satisfaction. One of the reasons why businesses succeed is because of their loyal customers. This loyalty provides security to the company for increased sales. A common downside for starting businesses is the lack of manpower, typically the one left behind is the provider of good customer service. Sometimes, this is overlooked because everyone is too busy to increase the sales and revenue, did not bother to think that good customer service definitely will increase the revenue. Here are some advantages and benefits of good quality customer service:
- Keeps your customer from coming back. Whenever a customer is happy with your approach, they will not shift to other sellers. This is a big plus point for the company as customer retention is far cheaper than customer acquisition.
- Good customer service increases your references. Your customers will talk about you to others. These references mean money to your business. The more the references, the more customers acquired without spending a money on it for some advertisers. Your customers will be the one to talk about you and that is about everything to increase revenue.
- A good customer service can generate excellent word of mouth. Whenever you are good with words then there is a great possibility that the talk about you circling in the society is also a good and positive feedbacks.
- When your service is good, and the word of mouth and references are good, you will acquire new customers at a very generous amount. Typical businesses spend a lot in advertising, promotions and what not to get customers to walk into their door but if you practice good talk, everything will be taken cared of by your customers, this means to increase profitability.
- Whenever a customer praises you or your business, this can as well increase your confidence to provide more and good quality service. Over time, your confidence rises on your business and you now know that giving good customer service is the key to build confidence in your employees.
- Because of the things said, your business becomes a holistic marketing scenario in which everyone is doing their part for ultimate customer satisfaction. This is one of the best things you want to achieve as an organization because even the smallest employee understands the role he plays in customer satisfaction. So with this kind of a work environment, you are sure to succeed.
- This is all can definitely be your advantage over your competitors. If your employees themselves are building relationships with customers, then they will not allow a competitor to enter or replace your spot. This will make your business becomes sustainable and competitive and difficult to beat.
The sooner you give a positive outlook to your business by providing quality service then the better it is for you and your business.
There are a lot of strategies for a perfect combination on how to give excellent customer service. Take this advice from the top and leading online marketplace in the world, Amazon. Amazon is an online shop which produces a wide variety of products and services. It is considered one of the top online selling stores in the world today. You can find anything on Amazon, be it the most needed product for the most unnecessary product you can easily find. Amazon does not only sell their products but as well supporting other small businesses by letting them sell their products as well. Over the past years of Amazon reign, there have been many jobs offered to people who are lucky enough to have a stable career in the said company. Amazon is a company made by builders and sellers and inventors. If you belong to one of those mentioned, then maybe you got the right skills for Amazon. This company is not a product-based company that does not have a high-quality standard but this company maintains a name that their products will sustain and last for years.
Amazon has been implementing good quality customer service ever since it first popped in the market. “I would define Amazon by our big ideas, which are customer centricity, putting the customer at the center of everything we do, [and] invention. We like to pioneer, we like to explore, we like to go down dark alleys and see what’s on the other side,” said its company founder and CEO Jeff Bezos. Here are some strategies they were implementing:
- The customer service is the innermost thing that the Amazon made its way to success. They even reflected it to their vision and mission statement. So for a business to succeed, never take customer service on a surface level only, you must incorporate it into its core meaning and purpose.
- Make sure you listen. Listening to your customer’s needs is a way for you to analyze and give them the service they needed. Don’t just talk because talking can prevent your customers to really address what they really want.
- Provide your customers the right to do what they want. You don’t just exist because of your hard work alone, you exist because of the customers that needed you. Make sure you give them an easy and up-to-date service.
- Make sure to encourage your customers to help one another as well. This is much easier to solve because someone has already found its solution and it is very easy to answer their queries now.
- Make sure you have connections even on mobile. People these days are more equipped with handy things because it is easier so don’t let them run to your store just to ask for some easy questions, make sure to have an account readily available for people wherever and whenever.
Make sure to expand your business and never let your competitors pull you down just because of poor customer service, which you can definitely do.