Selling through online platforms has become one of the trends today and it will continue and seize to exist until there will be another better way of selling but as of now, this is the greatest thing you can ever imagine. With just a few clicks and ticks and you are done. There are a lot of online shops or what they call as e-commerce business where they are licensed to conduct the business through online. Amazon is one of the top e-commerce shops in the world as of today. And it has been gaining a lot of sales compared to the brick and mortar stores. Amazon is an online shop which produces a wide variety of products and services. It is considered as one of the top online selling stores in the world today.
You can find anything on Amazon, be it the most needed product for the most unnecessary product you can easily find. Amazon does not only sell their products but as well supporting other small businesses by letting them sell their products as well. Over the past years of Amazon reign, there have been many jobs offered to people who are lucky enough to have a stable career in the said company. Amazon is a company made by builders and sellers and inventors. If you belong to one of those mentioned, then maybe you got the right skills for Amazon. This company is not a product-based company that does not have a high-quality standard but this company maintains a name that their products will sustain and last for years.
One of the challenges an online seller always does come across is the delivery method and time of delivery. This is not just some challenge you can always find a solution to. This is more of an undying problem. And it is not in the seller’s hands why the delivery is such a shame. The problem is that of the delivery agency. But do not always put hands on the agency because most of the time it is because of the weather. But here is the catch, regardless of the reason for the delivery delay, people will understand if the agency and the seller will always keep the buyer updated and that is why Amazon, as the world’s top seller have planned and come up with the solution which they named it as Amazon’s Fulfillment by Amazon. Amazon’s FBA is a service available to you when you sell on Amazon. With FBA, you can store your products in Amazon’s fulfillment centers, and they will be the one to pick, pack, ship, and provide customer service for the buyers. FBA starts working after you send your products to Amazon. They will be the one to store your product, whenever a customer orders your product then FBA will pick and pack your product thus ship and provides support after.
But being a seller, you opt to have second thoughts regarding this strategy. And some common mistakes people tend to do are things that could have been prevented. Here are some mistakes that people commit and the solutions to it:
- Never choose products listed on the top 100 products on Amazon. Whenever a product is popping all over the market, the sellers are very competitive to the point that the product’s prices are very low. If you happen to be one of the sellers, do you think you would have enough revenue? So, that is why never get involved in these products even if you are close to having a sell.
- Never guess what your target market wants. Change is constant. It is not always that your target market constantly wants the same product all over the year. You need to have various items on your list for you to have constantly sold items.
- Don’t get thrifty with your inventory. After everything you have done, you need to have as much inventory for you to not get dried up. Whenever you have top sells, make sure to have enough inventory so you will not lose your momentum.
- Delegate tasks so you can have enough time for things that matter most. Instead of wasting time trying to give people promo codes yourself, you should spend your time working on your business or building your brand or checking your inventory and sales or researching new products. So, what you are going to do is to delegate that task to a professional promotion business. You need to choose a professional group, you have to do your homework and deal with professionals. The money you spend on product promotion with a reputable business is well worth the time, it also lets you work on the things you cannot delegate.
- Think out of the box. You need to think bigger, aside from Amazon, there are other social media platforms to have better reviews. YouTube video reviews are powerful as that of blog reviews, social media promotion and customer testimonials on your website and social media accounts.
- You need to have social media account for your brand. If you happen to not own one, then make sure to make one. Social media sites that are properly managed will drive sales to your website providing a place for customers to come together and post testimonials or questions. If you provide effective and timely support to your customers, you will have loyal customers that could recommend your business. Responding to issues in a polite manner can ease a tense situation and give you the opportunity to turn an angry customer to a happy one. If you do not have time to do this yourself then you can hire a community manager for your brand. Again, you can go to a professional service and understand that having a properly managed social media sites with consistent content about your brand, new products, sales and more being posted along with customer interaction will take your business farther than you can imagine.