In the business world, it is all about marketing. How you sell your products, the strategies, the way you convince, the trends you meet and most importantly the advertising.
What is marketing?
Business marketing allows individuals or firms to sell products or services to other firms. Marketing derived demand. The increasing number of demand products also increases the demand in the market. There are numerous factors in marketing, like those below:
Factors in marketing:
- Products or service– without this, what will you market?
- Target market– you have to know which group of population will your products sell mostly.
- Pricing– never over price. If you’re just starting, you need to show off by giving low prices so that people would definitely hover over your product. But if you have established your brand, then the pricing premium will be achievable.
- Promotion– you need to promote your products or services to sell. Find blogs, trade shows, or publications for you to promote. If you are just starting, then it’s easier for you to use some uncostly advertising. But if you have established your brand, then that way you can opt to go for some bigger budget in advertising.
- Communications methods– business talk. This is how you sell your product by convincing alone. This works well for face-to-face selling.
Now, let us talk about advertising strategies.
What is Advertising?
Advertising is a form of marketing communication to promote or sell a product, service or area. Businessmen pay for advertising to accomplish their company’s goals. Either for long-term branding or short-term advertising. Branding is a way to maintain a reputation for your company that will make you one of a kind. There are various types of advertising.
Kinds of Advertising Strategies:
- Broadcast Media- examples of this is on television or radio but this is the most expensive advertising because it covers a wide audience.
- Print Media– traditional examples are through newspaper and magazines. In magazines, only selected readers will go through the advertising part since their goal is to read to topics of the magazines although it is more visual than the newspaper. Newspapers, on the other hand, are much more affordable and allows you to target bigger readers. This two is for short-term advertising.
- Support Media– examples of this are billboards, transits, bus benches, directories and trade publications. This targets a wider population.
- Direct Marketing– this is an interactive approach just like conversing through email or telemarketing. Telemarketing is when you survey customers and offer new products while direct mail is when you send mails or postcards to target customers.
- Product placement– this is when you let your product be used in a certain entertainment show to be advertised by the host or the user in a positive manner.
- Internet– banner ads, pop up ads, text ads and paid search are commonly used today since everyone or most of the people are living online.
What is Paid Advertising?
Paid Advertising is any kind of advertising where you need to pay. Paying such services depends on the bidding process between the marketer and the advertiser. There are categories such as pay-per-click, pay-per-impression and display ads.
Paid advertising costs more but it is a much effective way to expose your brand name to a much bigger audience.
Kinds of Paid Advertisement:
- Display Ad- also known as a banner ad. This is usually a designed image or photo and copy. When viewers click on the image, they can be taken to a specific interface wherein your brand will be shown.
- Cost per impression- the marketer agrees to pay a certain amount to the advertiser for every 1000 impressions the ad will receive.
- Pay per click- this is an internet advertising where in the consumer that will click the link or the image will be redirected to the brand web site. By that click, the marketer will be paying the advertiser.
10 popularly paid online advertising strategies
- Affiliate marketing– this is when an affiliate gets paid by the marketer every time an affiliate brings a customer to the brand website and buys a product.
- Banner Ads– this is the most common type of paid advertisement wherein the advertiser make codes to redirect a web user to the brand website.
- Contextual ads– these pages will show text or image ads relevant to the content of the page.
- Floating Ads– this is a type of paid advertisement wherein it will overlap the requested site.
- Pay-per-click Ads and campaigns-this is whenever the web user will click on the image, they will be redirected to the brand website
- Popup and pop-under advertising– this is when it will be redirected to another browser.
- Social media Ads– this is a type of advertising via social media sites.
- Search engine optimization– this will put your website on top of the list every time a similar product is searched on.
- Text link Ads- a link that will be redirected to another site when it will be clicked.
- Unicast Ads– usually found in the videos on YouTube. These are popup ads on videos.
If you are a beginner, here are some tips for jumping to a paid advertisement:
- Know long tail keywords
Long tail keyword is the much specific keywords used by the searcher. This is much used for the search engine optimization strategy.
- Know where to buy Ads
Ads can be bought to specific sights especially the most visited area such as Facebook or LinkedIn, Bing or Yahoo, StumbleUpon, BuySellAds or Direct Buy, Google AdWords.
- Be track ready
Be ready to track your ads. Kissmetrics is an important tool for ads tracking. It allows you to create a funnel report for your ads.
- Make a page for redirecting
You should have a redirecting page for your visitors on your page, not just the homepage.
- Don’t check results every day
Wait for your analytics to have changes then plan when to check for the next.
- Strategize for long-term
Dedicate your time and fund to much more growth.
While employing these tips to help you improve in the present or the future, be eager to still learn about the changes in advertising. Be proactive and keep up with the trends and update yourself.