Amazon is an American electronic commerce and a cloud computing company that is situated in Seattle, Washington. Amazon.com, Inc. is the biggest internet retailer in the world that focuses on revenue and market capitalization and the second biggest after Alibaba group in terms of sales and profits. Amazon has a wide variety of products and services for consumers to choose from. Starting off with AmazonFresh, Amazon Prime, Amazon Web services, Alexa, Appstore, Amazon Drive, Echo, Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, Video, Kindle store, music, music unlimited, Amazon Digital Game store, Amazon studios, and AmazonWireless. Amazon is open to retailers and marketers.
How to sell on Amazon
- Decide what you want to sell- before registering, you need to know the products and services you want to sell. There are 20 categories found on Amazon and another 10 if you are a professional seller.
- Choose a selling plan- Amazon offers two selling plans, with it you have the autonomy to sell one or one thousand. The professional plan gives you an unlimited number of products to sell.
- Register and start listing- create your account on Seller Central where you can control your account.
- List- after you register, you can now add products one at a time or through larger scale if you have the professional selling plan. You can list products that are found on Amazon or not on Amazon.
- Sell- make sure to provide accurate and complete high-quality products.
- Ship- use Fulfillment by Amazon to ship or you can do it yourself.
- Get paid- amazon deposits the money to your account and notifies you went it is sent.
A product list is a document that catalogues a company’s entire items of products or services. In selling on Amazon, you need to do product listing. Here is how:
- Search the item you want to sell. If the item is found already on Amazon, click the “sell yours here” button on the right side of the page or using Manage Inventory in your seller account.
- Describe the condition of your item. Provide product descriptions.
- Set your price and register to collect online from a buyer. you should include the fees and shipping rates.
- Select a shipping method. You can choose either if you want to do it yourself or you go for the less hassle, let Amazon do it for you.
- Review the information you input. Although you can still edit some of the parts.
In selling multiple identical copies of the same item, you can use the quantity field. But if you have multiple copies of the same item in different conditions, you need to create a unique listing for each item per condition. If you have many items to list, you can use the Stock Keeping Unit. It can help you locate it when it is sold. In choosing shipping methods, there is some variety to choose from.
- Domestic standard- if within the US, the shipment would be within 3-5 or 4-14 days but if international, the order will be delivered 7-32 days.
- Domestic expedited- the order can be received within 1-3 or 2-6 days
- Domestic two day- the order can be received 2 days after but only applicable to limited kinds of products
- Domestic one day- the order can be received 1 day after but only applicable to limited kinds of products
- International standard- the order can be received 3-6 weeks after but only applicable to limited kinds of products
- International expedited- the order can be received 3-7 days after but only applicable to limited kinds of products
How to optimize product listings
- Make products available at Amazon Prime- recently, Amazon brought in about 90% revenue from prime.
- Optimize product title- it should include the brand, the product type, product line, size, colour, quantity and the material or key feature.
- Optimize product description- you can add up with more graphics and visuals. Use capital letters to highlight features. Add powerful taglines to split the description to make it easily readable. Explain why the customer is going to love the product by providing a narrative. Use simple language.
- Optimize for Amazon SEO- include relevant keywords and use long tail keywords in your listing text. Create your bullet points between two or three lines each. Use Sellics keyword ranking tracker to see daily changes. Use product photos with high resolutions to enable zoom function.
- Select a good category for your products- if the competitors are in the same categories having high revenue, use that same category.
- Make use of pay per click keywords- run Amazon PPC ads since it has a positive approach towards listing.
- List ASIN in your product field- it generates traffic to your page. This is good for competing with the same product.
- Avoid duplicate content- you need to make an original content. Read the product description. Write a new description and do not use the same sentences. Offer extra information.
- Use product listing grader- this tool provides a rating and a breakdown for every element on the page. the more you work towards increasing the points the better you rank.
- Product rating- say no to bad reviews. Search out the reasons for bad reviews and fix it. Collect feedback from the customers with automated email campaigns. Gather more reviews and manage overall rating.
- Split testing- this is to verify what works and what does not.
Amazon is a tough place but if you are determined enough and put some extra effort and time into learning how to optimize the listings then it will be much simpler to compete. Whether you are listing your first product or a pro with several products already selling on Amazon, selling your first product was a tough decision. But if you are keeping on the right track, then you will never fail. Just do brainstorming and find other unique alternatives in optimizing the product listings and you are good to compete.