Amazon is an online shop which produces a wide variety of products and services. It is considered as one of the top online selling stores in the world today. You can find anything on Amazon, be it the most needed product for the most unnecessary product you can easily find. Amazon does not only sell their products but as well supporting other small businesses by letting them sell their products as well. Over the past years of Amazon reign, there have been many jobs offered to people who are lucky enough to have a stable career in the said company. Amazon is a company made by builders and sellers and inventors. If you belong to one of those mentioned, then maybe you got the right skills for Amazon. This company is not a product-based company that does not have a high-quality standard but this company maintains a name that their products will sustain and last for years.
Amazon is not just about selling but it has its own service as well. The company made sure that the products delivered all around the world are in good hands that is why they created their own shipping network, the FBA or Fulfillment by Amazon. FBA can let you store your products in Amazon’s fulfillment centers, and they pick products, pack it up, ship to every corner of the world, and provide customer service for the products you are selling. This is a service available to you whenever you will sell on Amazon.
Because of the trend of online shops from around the globe, problems regarding shipping are also on top of the list. We all know how crucial and important the role of shipping in buying and selling through online. Especially, in cases today that some of the products have been damaged because of the system the shipping lines used in delivering the products. Here are some mishaps during shipping:
- Incorrect packing. This is the reason why most products are damaged when it will be delivered to you. And the thing is, some shipping plus delivery company will not shoulder the expenses even if they know that it is their fault.
- Mixed-up products. Some delivery companies, because of the numerous products they deliver, there will be an instance that it will be mixed up with some other products.
- Shipping delays. Most the reason for shipping delay is that it is a holiday but usually the company will just reason out that there is a bad weather and it is not their fault.
- Errors with the tracking number. Now, this is very alarming as because this is the only way for you to know the current status of your product. Errors with a faulty tracking number are one of the shipping problems that does not always have an easily identifiable source.
- Errors committed because humans are not perfect. I am telling you, you can never compete with this kind of a reason.
But good news and you will not have to worry anymore because Amazon has made it possible that your products will still be in good hands before you receive them. Amazon has its solution to the all-time problem in shipping systems, the launched FBA. But how do you use through FBA?
FBA works by:
- Send your products to Amazon’s FBA centers
- Amazon then stores your products through FBA
- Amazon will then ship your products to other areas of the world through the use of their network in FBA centers.
If you are going to ship from China to Amazon FBA direct, you must send instructions to the Chinese warehouse to prepare your goods to meet FBA specifications. Many suppliers do have knowledge already regarding Amazon’s requirements and are willing to do this for a very little additional cost. However, there will always be a chance of errors. You can also hire an agent in China to go to the warehouse when your order is complete, check it and facilitate in the preparation that is required for Amazon FBA. There are reliable agents in China that do this, but your factory has to agree to it as well.
The Pros and Cons of shipping to Amazon FBA
- Faster transit period. Usually, it will only take up to 2 weeks lesser than those using regular shipping.
- You can save more than that of regular shipping.
- Most of the time, Amazon will let you send your products to multiple areas, not only in one area. Hassle? Yes. Amazon will almost certainly require you to ship your products to multiple warehouses unless you have Inventory Placement turned on.
- Everything must be paid before arriving on Amazon. Amazon won’t pay a penny to accept your products so they must be shipped Delivery Duty Paid.
- You will not have a chance to check upon your product once it will be received in Amazon. This is probably the biggest danger in sending items directly to Amazon, you will have no opportunity to inspect them prior to sending them. When these errors occur, you are not going to hear about them until your customers complain.
- You will follow Amazon’s packaging and shipping rules and regulations. The most important thing is you need to make sure that each item has an easy to scan barcode or FNSKU. Each box will also need a carton label attached to the outside portion. Amazon is fairly relaxed regarding labeling errors and will often label any incorrect items for you upon receipt.
- Supplier transparency. There are a lot of suppliers doing this now. Whenever you tell your supplier to send products to Amazon FBA. Eventually, they will be selling on Amazon FBA directly.
- Shipping full load containers directly to Amazon. Cool right? Yes, they have this kind of an option wherein you can send even this much to Amazon. You can save much more to this than doing it individually.
If you are new to the process, make sure to try it out.