If you have been researching on how to make money out of your blog, you may have come across Amazon Affiliate as one way to earn from your blog. Amazon Affiliate which is officially named as Amazon Associates is Amazon’s own affiliate network that allows you to promote products from Amazon on your blog. Some bloggers are earning much money every month from Amazon Affiliate.Amazon is one of the world’s biggest marketplaces. Even though there are so many affiliate marketplaces in the world, a lot of bloggers, retailers, and big companies use Amazon to sell their products. The affiliate program will pay you as much as to 15% of the sale amount but it depends on what kind of sale you are making, it is a good way to earn big money.
This is specifically true if you are selling or blogging about a gadget or mobile. You can write a complete review of a phone and give an Amazon affiliate a link. By spending more or less 15 minutes of your time and finding the best mobile deal, you can earn extra income. Regardless of your geographical location or your target market, you can sign-up for the Amazon affiliate program but it depends on your location. If ever you have plans to promote products from all locations Amazon offers, you should sign up for a program for all countries.
How to register?
- Open https://affiliate-program.amazon.com and select your location.
- Enter an email address and tick “I am a new customer”
- Enter the needed registration data. The name, e-mail address, and your password. Make sure to always remember the password.
- Fill out the required account information; the Payee name and address
- Then fill out the information needed regarding your website
- To verify your account, you need to enter your phone number then a PIN will be generated, then the call will be received. Receive the call and enter the PIN.
- After the verification process, you can agree with the terms and tick “Finish”
- You will be redirected to a thank you page.from there you can see your new unique Associates ID. This is your Tracking ID in which you can insert in the AmazonSimpleAdmin setup panel. Tick the button “Get Started Now” in the bottom left corner of the page.
- You will be redirected to the Amazon Associates platform. To use your Affiliate account with other tools you have to register for the “Product Advertising API“. Click the button in the main menu.On the homepage of Amazon Product Advertising API click the button “Sign Up Now“. After signing up with your credentials from step 3 you have to enter your address and website information again. And then you can agree to the API license agreement and proceed. You have successfully created a new Product Advertising API account. Tick the link “Manage Your Account”.
- To get your AWS Security Credentials which are necessary to work with AmazonSimpleAdmin, click the link “AWS Security Credentials Console” or go directly to https://console.aws.amazon.com.
- Sign in again to the AWS console with your credentials from step 3.
- In the AWS console select “Security Credentials” from the drop-down list below your name.
- Confirm the safety check and tick “Continue to Security Credentials“.
- You can not access the secret access key for the default root user. So have to create a new access key by clicking on the button “Create New Access Key“.
- Now you will see your new Access Key ID and Secret Access Key. Store them in your password tool or download the key file. You need both values to enter in the AmazonSimpeAdmin setup panel.
- Now enter your Access Key ID and Secret Access Key from step 15 in the AmazonSimpeAdmin setup panel. When status show “Ready” you are ready to use AmazonSimpleAdmin. For more information about how to use it, please check the usage page.
But despite earning that much, it is not as easy as you think. Most bloggers do not even earn from affiliate networks. Sending visitors over to Amazon doesn’t guarantee earnings. What you should worry about is on how to convert those traffic into money. Before we go into that, how does it actually work? Amazon Associates is one of the first online affiliate marketing programs that was launched in 1996. The Amazon Associates program has a more than 21-year track record of developing solutions in helping website owners, Web developers, and Amazon sellers generate money by advertising millions of new and used products from Amazon.com and its affiliates. When website owners and bloggers who are Associates create links and customers tick through those links and buy products from Amazon, they earn referral fees. It’s free to join and easy to use. It provides customers the convenience of referring them to a trusted site where they can immediately buy the products you advertise on your site. And when they do, you can earn up to 15% in referral fees. You can take advantage of various Amazon retail promotions and leverage of Amazon’s newly created advertising features to drive traffic and earn referrals.
Is this available in Australia?
As of early November, a new website for the Amazon Australia Affiliate Program came online but when the time of publishing came, the site only returns a blank page. Amazon only operates their Affiliate program in countries with a local Amazon marketplace website. Amazon depends on its large pool of affiliates to help it promote the products and maintain a high level of awareness among the customers. The new Affiliate Program website has its own encryption certificate specified only for its domain name. This certificate is of the same type and from the same issuer with the certificate that is used on the main Amazon Australia website. The placeholder website appears to have come online on November 7th. Other than that issue, Amazon does not have anything to say regarding the blank page.